When you drop by your local liquor shop in search of new beers to try this summer, here are a few worth keeping an eye out for. Some of these are brand new and some are seasonal offerings, but each of them get the job done in their own way. Next time you’re out scouting potential fridge dwellers, keep these 7 on your radar.
1. Fort Collins Hoptitude Fort Collins Brewery
2. Boulevard Coffee Ale Boulevard Brewing
3. Odell Tree Shaker Imperial Peach IPA Odell Brewing
4. Dogfish Head & Sierra Nevada Rhizing Bines Dogfish Head
5. New Belgium Rolle Bolle New Belgium
6. Firestone Walker Parabola Firestone Brewing Company
7. Founders KBS Founders Brewing
With roots dating back to the California gold rush (1849) America’s first craft brewery the legendary Anchor Steam Beer. Originally founded by German brewer Gottlieb Brekle after buying an old beer-and-billiards saloon for $3,500, transforming it into the brewery that, 25 years later, would be renamed Anchor. Today, the beer is handmade from an all-malt mash in a traditional copper brewhouse based in San Francisco. Fermented at higher temperatures than your typical lager, it keeps the style’s crisp dryness but adds fruity esters and extra hops. We don’t know of another brewery in the world that matches their efforts in combining traditional, natural brewing with carefully applied, modern methods. And on top of all that, their brewer’s real name is genuinely Robert Brewer. It’s in his blood to make great beer! Like Anchor Steam Beer on Facebookand follow them on Twitter.