We’re always on the lookout for men’s products that improve our lives in one way or another. We may not be the worlds authority on such items but we like to think we have a good idea of what’s out there (we do work for SAXX after all). Over the past couple of months, the men at SAXX HQ have put these products to the test and we’re willing to bet that other men would appreciate them as much as we do.
These eight items are the ideal gifts for men this Valentine’s Day (and we’ll tell you why)…
1. SAXX Underwear, Luxury Trunk ($32.95) – For obvious reasons, SAXX is the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for men. Besides our extremely comfortable patented panel technology, they’re the perfect price point for a gift. This one is a no-brainer, and we’re not just saying it because we work for the brand.
2. Ebbets Field Flannel Hats ($29-$40) – EFF is the finest manufacturer of vintage historically inspired athletic clothing. Their throwback jerseys and hats are without question the best in the game right now (pun not intended). They’re so good at what they do that they’re behind the jerseys of the new Jackie Robinson film called “42“. If this is the first time you’ve heard of this Seattle based brand, you’ll be hearing a lot more about them soon.
3. Whiskey Rocks ($25) – Made in Vermont from natural soapstone, Teroformas Whisky Stones are flavourless, non-porous cubes that will chill your drink without watering it down. Store in the freezer for a minimum of four hours, then rinse and air dry after each use. Need we say more?
4. Where Chefs Eat?($20) – A Guide to Chefs’ Favourite Restaurants. The ultimate restaurant guide chosen by the real experts: more than 400 of the worlds best chefs from Heston Blumenthal to Ren, Redzepi and David Chang. Whether your a foodie or just like to eat, you’ll want to keep this book on the coffee table for years to come.
5. Nike Fuel Band ($150) -Through a sports-tested accelerometer, Nike+ FuelBand tracks your daily steps and calorie burn.
6. Ursa Major ($25) – Good shaving products can be hard to come by these days, especially for a fair price. Ursa Major’s products supply men with a robust, natural alternative to the bland, chemical-intensive products that pervade todays marketplace. Start with the Stellar Shave Cream and you won’t look back.
7. How To Be A Man: A Guide To Style and Behaviour For The Modern Gentleman ($20) – If you’re familiar with GQ magazine then you’ll know that The Style Guy aka Glenn O’Brien is the king authority on style… and he recently released this book. While the title might turn a few guys off of reading it we can assure you that it’s well worth the investment.
8. Articulating Desk Lamp ($179) – There are few household furnishings that leave you thinking “wow, that’s kind of badass” but that’s exactly the feeling this lamp leaves you with. This articulating desk lamp has a heavyweight metal base which provides stability allowing you to extend the shade and cast light wherever you need it. A welcome addition to any office desktop or a great way to brighten up your favourite reading nook. Available at one of our favourite local shops in Vancouver, Old Faithful Shop.