Date PostedSep 10, 2019
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an Accounting Manager to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
responsible for monitoring general accounting practices, developing internal accounting controls, the preparation of financial reports, participation in the budgeting and external auditing process and lead and mentor a high performing team.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepare annual budgets and maintain and manage financial forecasts
- Monitor and analyze monthly financial results
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts
- Oversee the accounting function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, inventory control, asset protection and payroll review.
- Provide support and guidance to the sales, operations and logistics department
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Withholding Payments (CPP, EI, SS, FUTA, Medicare Trimet, WCB), Income Tax, State Tax, Value Added Tax, Goods and Services Tax & Provincial Sale Tax
- Develop and maintain financial accounting and control systems
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and properly stored and adhere to applicable privacy legislation
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage ie general commercial, credit, D&O and Cyber insurance policies in place
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Audit payroll reports to ensure employees are accurately paid and liability accounts are properly tracked and recorded.
- Ensure statutory and benefits are processed and submitted on time
- Issue annual T4As and T5s and ensure T4s are issued accurately and on time.
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience post CPA designation
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- Significant experience with ERP and Financial Systems Management Software solutions
- Strong computer skills; be a ‘power-user’ with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Experience managing a global portfolio is an asset
- Experience with Qlikview/Qliksense an asset