Assistant Product Developer
Date PostedNov 20, 2017
SAXX Underwear, an international, revolutionary manufacturer and distributor of life changing underwear has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Product Developer based at our Portland office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a fast growing brand in a dynamic Company.
Reporting to the Director of Production & Sourcing, supports in the development and specification process of innovative and technical products ensuring timely execution of the highest level of quality required to deliver product that meets SAXX standards. To be successful in this role the Assistant Product Developer must be detail focused, results-oriented, and have strong communications skills to develop excellent relationships with vendors and internal business partners.
- Track the development of all products to ensure timely completion and adherence to the product development calendar, including inline and SMU.
- Approve, communicate, track and document all bulk material and TOP submits with Vendor partners
- Maintain all style files and sample libraries associated with the seasonal product assortment
- Own and execute packaging development including boxes and hangtags, in partnership with Marketing, acting as the liason between Marketing and Vendors to ensure all packaging calendar dates are met.
- Prepare garments for fit sessions and assist in the completion of fit comments including lineart updates, ensuring product fit and quality.
- Interact with Design, Marketing and Sales to distribute product technical details and ensure the accuracy and integrity of Sales tools.
- Communication of clear and concise direction to overseas vendor partners.
- Understand and communicate requirements for compliance to brand, regulatory, and other country-specific standards.
- Partner with department Director to on-board new vendors
- Establish solid partnerships with new and existing vendors
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Textiles, Manufacturing, Merchandising; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years in the apparel industry specifically in product development, garment manufacturing, technical design or quality assurance.
- Proficient skills in PC use and applications, including Microsoft Office Excel, Adobe Illustrator.
- Demonstrates a solid product knowledge, construction expertise, and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Able to proactively troubleshoot and proposes solutions to problems with moderate complexity.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written; must be clear and concise
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Results driven, self-starter
- Adaptable: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change, often in ambiguity. Seeks out opportunities for development
- High Accuracy Level: ability to deliver accurate data on a timely basis
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Honest/Integrity: does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right. Speaks plainly and truthfully