Brand Creative Director
Date PostedSep 27, 2019
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Brand Creative Director to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Conceiving and implementing visual marketing programs that range from print media to digital through the development of engaging collateral that tells a story in support of the overall brand direction. You will oversee the production of all visual creative efforts from conception to completion ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget. You will lead, equip and inspire your creative team to achieve their full potential.
- "Vision-keeper" for the Brand Creative team. Communicate, inspire and maintain brand vision among all team-members.
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
- Lead team brainstorming sessions; take ownership of creative choices, and design positioning.
- Lead the planning and execution of photo/video shoots. Requires end to end production, ensuring that shoots are well planned and executed.
- Responsible for identifying and managing appropriate outside vendors and consultants.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders across the Brand team, create and establish the creative visual direction for SAXX across all channels
- Ensure global creative brand consistency for brand (online, digital, campaigns)
- Strategically implement successful brand creative in existing and new markets
- Manage and inspire vendor partners and assist with generating multiple concepts for specific projects and campaigns
- Manage brand creative through all channels in the successful implementation of digital marketing
- Collaborate with the Brand team to develop campaign concepts and present ideas to senior management
- Ensure quality control is in place for final creative designs and projects
- Be a strategic leader by identifying problems, seeking solutions and outlining key company objectives
- Lead, mentor and develop creative team as both a subject matter expert and a people leader
- Assist with training new employees and support with organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Provide updates to senior leadership as required.
- Complete additional projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or related field
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience as a Graphic Designer, Digital Designer or Photographer
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership role
- Highly creative and collaborative individual, with knowledge of multiple design disciplines.
- Experience and passion for conceptualizing and creating impactful campaigns
- Ability to source external suppliers that meet project timelines and established budget.
- Ability to communicate concepts and design ideas into various mediums
- Ability to work under tight deadlines & juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Self-motivated, excellent communicator, ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Sense of humor, positive attitude and natural ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Strong understanding of communications systems, brand development, interactive commerce, and the overall creative process
- Expert in the creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development
- Able to work in both print and web design for integrated campaigns
- Advanced knowledge with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Excellent with user interface design and the creative industry’s best practices
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Experience in a high growth organization preferred