Brand Manager (12-month contract)
- Date: Posted Nov 27, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, CA
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term: 12 month contract
SAXX is looking for a Brand Manager (12-month contract) to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX is proud to be Great Place to Work® Certified by the Great Place to Work® Institute and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE BRAND MANAGER WILL….
Develop and execute effective multi-channel marketing plans to bring the brand direction to life across channels and touchpoints. This role will help grow SAXX brand awareness and equity and advance our long-term goal of being a cultural icon in the US. You will work closely with our creative and PR agencies to produce and execute campaigns and brand activations that align with the brand strategy and spotlight our technical product/ benefits in new and engaging ways.
The Social Media Specialist will report directly into this role.
You are a strong brand marketing leader who is up-to-speed on media, pop culture, and can wear both creative and executional hats while juggling multiple projects.
Brand campaign management and execution:
- Translate brand strategy into breakthrough content and activations to grow awareness and affinity.
- Lead the execution of Brand activations – from writing creative briefs, executing talent agreements, to providing administrative support at campaign shoots/ events.
- Oversee creation and execution of the organic social content calendar (by Social Media Specialist) to ensure it aligns with campaign direction and goals.
- Oversee campaign copy (by Copy Manager) to ensure it aligns with campaign direction and goals.
- Own cross-channel execution of brand campaigns; partner with D2C & Digital Marketing teams on drafting executional briefs; provide feedback on assets (DM, web, email, and retail) to ensure cohesive messaging across touchpoints.
- Own campaign amplification plan, including influencer partnerships and organic social boosting.
- Own the Integrated Marketing budget for the Brand team; which includes talent fees, organic social boosting, amplification efforts, brand activation production and events.
- Present Integrated Marketing campaigns and results as part of the seasonal GTM process and to the total business on an ongoing basis.
People management: oversee Organic Social team:
- Responsible for mentorship and development of direct reports
- Oversee copy and social content to ensure alignment with brand strategy and voice.
- Manage our giveback/charitable partnerships – ensuring regular communication as well as coverage and storytelling opportunities across brand channels.
- Research new brand collab opportunities, including research, collab creative concepting, and campaign execution.
- Research and assist all new celebrity partnership opportunities, including research, creative concepting and campaign execution.
Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in Marketing or related field considered an asset.
7 + years content and marketing experience, preferably for an apparel company or Direct To Consumer brand
- Brand champion and leader with a passion for brand content, copy and strategy — and out-of-the-box creative thinking.
- Experience overseeing copy and content functions and working on projects in a multi-function (creative, digital marketing, brand operations) environment.
- Experience overseeing social media strategy and reporting.
- Experience managing creative campaigns from briefing through to final execution from content calendars to cross-channel rollout and content shoots
- Strong ability to lead, communicate and influence others
- Results-oriented, with an ability to make decisions, meet strict deadlines and juggle different priorities and projects.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive and willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Travel – some travel may be required.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is $90,000.00-$105,000.00. The final aligned upon salary will be dependent on the successful candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and job-related knowledge.
Position type: 12-month contract
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive employer-paid benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being.
- Get additional healthcare support through a virtual healthcare platform and a health spending account.
- Participate in a Group RRSP matching program.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community and to support causes that matter to you most.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Free products? Yes please! Every SAXX employee receives an annual $600 credit to treat themselves and the people in their life to our premium products.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym, along with on-site showers.
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters (Woof!)
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in the office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote BRAND MANAGER in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!