Date PostedJuly 12, 2018
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Credit Manager to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Credit Manager is accountable for the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses. This position will manage and work directly with the accounts receivable team to ensure that proper analysis and account evaluation is being conducted and pertinent actions are being taken. Responsible for keeping bad debt and DSO within company's targets, while balancing and providing support to the sales team in the decision-making process.
- Collections – contact all customers with 60+ balances, difficult/high risk customers & international customers
- Manage all strategic customer accounts including following up on all chargebacks and short payments received.
- Release orders that require deeper analysis.
- Monitor the shared inbox and ensure responses are provided on timely manner
- Review credit team follow ups.
- Ensure appropriate credit limits and terms are assigned and reviewed regularly.
- Assist with new customer account set up.
- Request and complete credit references.
- Review sales bookings prior to PO submission by Sales Managers.
- Develop relationships with customers, sales reps and all internal departments - visit at least 5 customers per year.
- Prepare and implement Risk Management Plan.
- Review insurance levels and ensure appropriate coverage in place to minimize risk.
- Send final notice demand letters and follow through to third party collections up to and including small claims court.
- Lead and manage a small credit team
- Minimum 5 years of applicable Credit/AR experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must as working with customers and internal departments is a key component within this position
- Strong computer skills; be a ‘power-user’ with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Solid understanding of lending procedures
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to create and process financial spreadsheets (e.g. in Excel)
- Negotiation skills
- Proficient in reading / interpreting financial statements for the purpose of underwriting credit
- Ability to stay focused and calm under pressure to make decisions
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Leadership; provides direction and coaching to staff, encourages people to follow through demonstration, develops those around them through positive interactions to achieve and deliver on goals.
- Accuracy; entering financial information that is error-free to ensure its reliability to decision makers
- Efficiency; able to accomplish outcomes with minimal wasted effort
- Ability to manage and build relationships both internally and externally
- Adaptability; adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Comes up with creative new ideas & seeks out opportunities for development.
- Honesty/Integrity; does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right. Speaks plainly & truthfully.
- Be grounded; able to work in an environment where humor plays an important role in regulating the tone of our workday.