Date PostedOct 13, 2017
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Demand Planner is responsible for executing global product forecasting and purchasing to support the long-range financial goals of the overall business. The role will create and maintain forecast models incorporating shipment history, retail analysis, safety stock models and other business intelligence indicators gathered from across the business to ensure customers receive the right product, at the right place, at the right time, at the right cost.
- Develop demand forecasts at the style, color, size, time, booked and un-booked levels across multiple selling regions, channels and currencies
- Maintain the Qlikview Inventory module software as the primary forecasting reporting tool, adapting to new software solutions as required
- Produce and distribute the Business Mix report to validate the rolling monthly financial forecast
- Review historical shipment and consumer trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data by developing statistical forecast models and evaluating forecast results
- Collaborate with the Retail Sales Analyst to model strategies and timing to optimize in-season inventory opportunities
- Collaborate with the Merchandize Planner to reconcile gross margin and product category forecast with consumer trends and market assumptions
- Establish appropriate safety stock models to ensure no more than 3 months of safety stock on hand
- Offset finished goods, display and point of purchase stock on hand and in transit to calculate new purchases
- Create and administer monthly Ecommerce bulk orders, to ensure unsold stock is released to general availability and not accrued month-to-month
- Collaborate with the Amazon buyer to effectively create and administer bulk orders preseason and in-season
- Communicate demand to Production in line with the Production Calendar to ensure product can ship >95% by Ocean FCL transit routes
- Provide long range forecasts to Production to optimize lead time and capacity planning
- Lead Quarterly Buy meetings with Production and Finance to determine the mix and volume of replenishment and new pipeline product that is required by quarter to hit established targets
- Bachelors in business, economics, applied science or related field with 3+ years of related experience, or graduate degree (MBA or equivalent) with 4+ years of related experience
- APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred
- Proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Strong technical data management. Mastery of Excel is required.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills including written and verbal
- Solid presentation skills and able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of supply chain management, global distribution practices, inventory management, economics, basic accounting, statistics, and project management methodologies is desired.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.