Date PostedDec 12, 2019
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Demand Planner to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Executing global product forecasting and purchasing to support the long-range financial goals of the overall business. The role will create and maintain forecast models incorporating shipment history, retail analysis, safety stock models and other business intelligence indicators gathered from across the business to ensure customers receive the right product at the right place at the right time at the right cost. The Demand Planner is accountable for inventory, tracking fluctuations in demand in season and for identifying stock opportunities to maximize profitability, managing stock levels and closing stock position. The role will be able to work independently and collaborate effectively, communicating across Sales, Finance and Product to ensure successful execution of the forecast.
- Developing demand forecasts at the style, color, size, time, booked and unbooked levels across multiple selling regions, channels and currencies
- Maintaining the Qlikview Inventory module software as the primary forecasting reporting tool, adapting to new software solutions as required
- Producing and distributing the Business Mix report to validate the rolling monthly financial forecast
- Reviewing historical shipment and consumer trends, researching demand drivers, preparing forecast data, developing statistical forecast models and evaluating forecast results
- Collaborating with the Retail Sales Analyst to model strategies and timing to optimize in-season inventory opportunities to ensure SAXX is not in an out of stock position on replenishment
- Collaborating with the Product Line Manager to reconcile gross margin and product category forecast with consumer trends and market assumptions
- Establishing appropriate safety stock models to optimize the amount of stock on hand
- Offsetting finished goods, display and point of purchase stock on hand and in transit to calculate new purchases
- Creating and administering monthly Ecommerce bulk orders, responsible for ensuring unsold stock is released to general availability and not accrued month-to-month
- Collaborating with the Amazon buyer to effectively create and administer bulk orders preseason and in season, ensuring the stock demands of Amazon are met in full and on time
- Communicating demand to Production in line with the Production Calendar to ensure product can ship >95% by Ocean FCL transit routes
- Providing long range forecasts to Production to optimize lead time and capacity planning
- Identifying stock opportunities and risks in-season against plans and providing actionable recommendations to improve results
- Establishing effective communication mechanisms with key stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Production and Finance to ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Providing insight to Production/Merchandize Planning to develop inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- College degree in business, economics, applied science or related field with 3+ years of related experience, or graduate degree (MBA or equivalent) with 4+ years of related experience
- APICS or other forecasting Certification preferred
- Proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Strong technical data management. Mastery of Excel is required.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility in managing competing priorities and changing expectations while achieving results is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills including written, verbal, listening and presentation
- Knowledge of supply chain management, global distribution practices, inventory management, business, economics, basic accounting, statistics, and project management methodologies is desired.
Please forward your cover letter and resume and quote Demand Planner in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.