Director, Digital Marketing
Date PostedJan 9, 2020
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Director, Digital Marketing to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Responsible for developing, leading, and overseeing execution of our global digital marketing strategy, with a focus on growth in the US market. Reporting to the Vice President of eCommerce, you will oversee the full digital marketing funnel and all channel programs as it relates to SAXX.com and SAXX.ca including international. You will also partner closely with the in-house Creative and Brand Team to stay in lock step with product launches, retail events, and brand alignment.
You will lead and develop our high-performing and savvy digital marketers and will inspire them to operate in an agile environment.
- Helps manage departmental budget & forecast, as it relates to respective media spends
- Build and oversee delivery of the full funnel digital marketing strategy and roadmap that reaches new and existing SAXX customers and builds the SAXX brand
- Devise a sound media investment strategy through the full funnel with a focus on customer growth, traffic and building brand awareness with positive unit economics
- Own growth marketing by developing and scaling channels quickly and efficiently to drive acquisition
- Establish the media plan target KPIs to deliver the business plan by website
- Build an on-going focus across the digital marketing department of analytics and testing to drive continuous optimizations leading the feedback loop to brand on creative performance
- Oversee all digital channels and get into the weeds with the team to offer ways to optimize; social, display, video. Podcast, OTT, email, SEM (be willing to roll up their sleeves and do some of the work themselves)
- Build a framework to ensure we are serving the right creative, in the right frequency to the right audience through consideration, acquisition, and retention
- Own the CAC and LTV modelling for each website to inform appropriate spend levels and allocations
- Assist in the execution of the development of the annual digital marketing workplan and champion the projects associated with DM specifically
- Oversee our agency relationships and contract negotiations.
- Oversee creative requests to the brand team ensuring we have the right amount of content to maximize each channel requirements for optimization
- Led any RFP initiatives for media related platforms
- Actively contribute to integrated go-to-market seasonal planning process to ensure campaigns and plans will resonate in digital channels.
- Lead, coach and develop our digital marketers to be KPI driven, and eager to be innovative in how SAXX reaches and engages in digital platforms and technologies.
- Be intellectually curious and in a mode of continuous learning to stay up-to-date with digital technology developments to reach and engage with customers
- Oversee and assist in the creation of monthly and quarterly digital marketing analytics reports; draw insights from available data and champion related marketing actions when needed
- Research, promote and introduce new digital marketing platforms and technologies to help the brand progress and evolve in the digital space
- Monitor competitive activity and develop counter programs to ensure pre-eminence of the SAXX brand online
- Work with the greater eCommerce and Marketing team to develop and sustain a culture that values analytical problem solving, collaboration and accountability
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing and/or relevant field (MBA preferred)
- 4+ years experience leading and developing marketing teams.
- Proven work experience as a digital marketing manager or director, preferably in a B2C organization.
- Previous experience scaling a digital marketing platform for business growth
- Keen understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function, as well as ability to see what’s coming from a consumer technology perspective and how these innovations can be leveraged to accelerate SAXX goals.
- Hands on experience with digital media channels and measurement; Podcast, OTT, Online Video, SEO/SEM, Display, CRM and digital analytics
- Strong knowledge of the entire digital journey, including ecommerce funnel, post-purchase and retention, and CRM. Experience with Loyalty programs a bonus.
- High affinity for data of all kinds and the ability to garner insights and applications of various data sets to drive efficiency and effectiveness in digital marketing.
- Familiarity with web design and user experience principles. Mobile experience and centricity are critical.
- Strong understanding of the role content in its various forms needs to play in the customer journey. Experience building an editorial point of view and calendar that builds brand, engagement, supports campaigns, improves SEO, and increases customer retention.
- Highly omnichannel focused. Have the ability to feel ownership for delivery of the company’s business goals including revenue, units and profit.
- Experience managing a complex operating budget.
- Excellent analytical and program management skills. Highly planful, but agile and capable of deriving creative solutions.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
- Demonstrated experience leading and mentoring a team in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, with a track record of proven leadership and a collaborative mindset
- Must be an articulate professional with excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated experience in the ability to positively and creatively influence change and direction within professional environments
- High degree of self-starting and initiative, but also very collaborative. Deep understanding and attachment to the idea that “to go far, you must go together”.
- Highly analytical and an expert in analyzing metrics, identifying trends and developing data-driven recommendations and strategies based on insights
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Digital Marketing and eCommerce charged with driving conversions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Email
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading and building a team
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with managing Amazon Advertising programs
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Advanced analytical capabilities with strong working knowledge (minimum 5 years) of Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools and other analytics platforms
- Experienced in goal-setting and defining & growing KPIs
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Marketing, Media, Brand Marketing or similar required; Master’s degree strongly preferred.
Please forward your cover letter and resume and quote Director, Digital Marketing in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply