Director of Brand Strategy
Date PostedJun 03, 2019
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Director of Brand Strategy to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Responsible for connecting strategy to results. You will ensure there are clear strategic objectives which aligns all aspects of the marketing plan. You will lead and implement strategies that will drive increased brand awareness on a global scale, fostering emotional connection with the customer while driving revenue and market share.
You will be leading the development of marketing strategies in Partnership with VP, Brand and translating marketing strategies into successful marketing plans and execution. The Director of Brand Strategy will monitor business results and complex KPIs, identifying trends and learnings to improve results.
You will have a deep understanding of our consumer and market place as you are responsible for analysis of the consumer as well as competitive and market trends to support existing and new business opportunities. You will use quantitative and qualitative analyses to drive creative decisions and inform strategy development.
- Partner with the VP, Brand to develop overarching Brand Strategy and influence product development
- Share expertise around Voice of the Customer and provide a point of view required to effectively differentiate SAXX in the marketplace
- Lead the design, planning and execution of all brand campaigns
- Lead and engage marketing team in creative sessions, idea and concept generation, project kick offs and closeouts
- Lead, inspire, hold accountable and support a team responsible for Content, Community, Events, and PR
- Oversee and guide the development and execution of brand and community activations
- Oversee the content marketing strategy which equips the marketing and sales teams with important, interesting and timely content that accelerates brand awareness, fosters emotional connection and connect the in-store and digital experience to advance omni experience for guests
- Own and monitor brand health and engagement – conduct competitive analyses, customer segmentation, manage metrics, KPIs, insights, ROI, etc
- Lead the media planning, buying and performance process
- Manages relationships with external partners and agencies
- Drive and engage in effective, solution oriented, collaboration with cross functional stakeholders (ie – sales, product)
- Lead licensing and collaboration opportunities for the brand
- Lead research and consumer insights initiatives for the brand and bring back key findings and recommendations
- Partner with Product team on additional consumer insights and focus group projects as part of PD process
- 10+ years progressive marketing experience, focused on brand management, within the apparel and/or lifestyle space
- Track record developing effective plans and implementing resources to meet challenging objectives for a high growth business ($50M plus revenue)
- Proven expertise at delivering omni channel focused campaign strategies
- Results oriented, with an ability to meet tough deadlines
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative and effective relationship builder
- Strong leader and peer influencer
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to adapt to changing business priorities
- Proficiency in MS Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Asana
- Some travel required (10%)
- Bachelor’s and advanced degrees in a relevant field considered an asset
- Proficient in MS Office Suite + creative platforms (Photoshop and Illustrator)