Front End Developer
Date PostedAug 4, 2020
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Front End Developer to join the team based in Vancouver.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Reporting to the Director of eCommerce and will be responsible for supporting the ideation, solutioning and implementation of all front end website enhancements as well as maintaining and optimizing existing projects for SAXX domains and subdirectories. The successful candidate will focus on building the best customer journey online with our eCommerce team.
You value integrity and are a proponent of new technology and methodology. Not only are you tech savvy, but you are a people-person who is approachable. You take ownership and show initiative in everything you do and are performance driven.
- Manage the progressive development of the .com, .ca and international sites exclusively in coordination with Brand, IT, Finance, Marketing and respective suppliers/vendors.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional stakeholders to support the strategic plan for technology, infrastructure, security, and compliance for SAXX websites.
- Manage and execute all aspects of front-end development, and other web/ technical operations for our websites.
- Execute work detailed in agile sprints on time with excellence.
- Coordinate as required with quality control for testing of website enhancements. Perform full website audits for desktop and mobile UX making logical recommendations for improvements/solutions to allow for enhancement and efficiency including page speeds.
- Actively participate in the budgeting and planning processes.
- Assist in the research and development of new technical initiatives, support mechanisms, and data analysis/support.
- Implement SEO strategy on our websites.
- Continue personal professional development in areas such as application design and development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, software & systems design, engineering or related field required.
- 5 years advanced knowledge and experience in development using popular tools, servers, and technologies needed for professional eCommerce environments.
- Experience with the implementation and integration with ad networks (GTM experience a plus)
- Experience in UX/UI, API integration, performance/speed optimization an asset.
- Experience with tools such as Adobe CS and Sketch a plus
- Familiarity developing for mobile web devices and responsive design.
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git).
- Familiarity with modern web development tools – NPM, Yarn, WebPack
- Ability to communicate status/problems to team members and non-technical managers effectively.
- Experience working with sprint management software such as GitLab.
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines.
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
Please forward your cover letter and resume quoting Front End Developer in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply