Senior Full-Stack Developer
- Date: Posted Oct 14, 2022
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Senior Full-stack Developer to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE SENIOR FULL-STACK DEVELOPER WILL….
Be responsible for providing technical architecture, coding customized solutions, and enhancing the existing functionality and capabilities of our software platforms. The incumbent is a full-stack developer that will be just as comfortable writing code and as a solution architect. The Senior Developer will contribute to extend the application features, and fill any functionality gaps with custom well-written, commented, secured, organized and documented code. Supporting the existing code base, and being a key player in researching possible issues.
- Drive digital architectural design and discussions to support the design and deployment of application solutions.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and improve application development life-cycle process and deployment methodologies.
- Provide solutions to address technical and architecture issues in application development.
- Ability to take the creative ideas and drill down to give concise deliverables both in terms of features and functionality.
- Produce detailed specifications. Document the code, and write meaningful articles in our project tracking tool Jira, or the knowledge base Confluence.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle. Recognize weaknesses on the project analysis and propose amendments, changes, or do further research on issues identified and make recommendations on how best to resolve them.
- Follow industry best practices. Ensure a high level of quality of the delivered code by following industry standards, and committing to excellence on all deliverables.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary. Review and extend existing tools, platforms and applications or scripts already in place.
- Building applications and tools, to automate processes, data reporting and other custom needs.
Support & Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the performance of the existing code, find bottlenecks, performance degradation, and propose solutions to resolve those issues.
- Proficient in back tracing errors or bugs with little or no documentation, as well as adding logging, finding patterns, and identifying the origin of particular problems.
- Be creative and open minded to explore new technologies and programming languages.
- Accountant for the quality of the code delivered, modifying or extending the original functionality to meet business and operational needs.
- Post-Secondary degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Organised, motivated and self-directed with good time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as a member of a team and independently.
- Experience working with modern PHP frameworks (i.e. Laravel, Symfony 3+, PSR standards).
- Experience with Visual Studios
- Experience working with relational databases (i.e. mySQL).
- Experience with API development
- Experience with automated testing as part of your workflow.
- Experience with cloud hosting solutions and DevOps (i.e. AWS, GitLab, Ansible).
- Good understanding of webserver infrastructure and systems.
- Experience with Shopify as an e-commerce platform a definite plus
- Experience with D365 Finance & Operations a definite plus
- Experience working within an Agile team a definite plus
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Senior Full-stack Developer in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!