Full Stack Developer
Date PostedJan 07, 2019
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
- Write clean, well-designed and structured code following best practices.
- Write modules for our ecommerce platform Shopify to fill the functionality gaps, using extendable code that can be upgraded safely.
- Work closely with a dynamic creative team and stakeholders to ensure the creation of a scalable and innovative site.
- Ability to take the creative ideas and drill down to give concise deliverables both in terms of features and functionality.
- Produce detailed specifications. Document the code and write meaningful articles in our project tracking tool Jira, or the knowledge base Confluence.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle. The developer should be able to recognize weaknesses on the project analysis and propose amendments, changes, or do further research on issues identified and make recommendations on how best to resolve them.
- Follow industry best practices. Ensure a high level of quality of the delivered code by following industry standards and committing to excellence on all deliverables.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary. Review and extend existing tools, platforms and applications or scripts already in place.
- Building applications and tools, to automate processes, data reporting and other custom needs.
Support & Trouble Shoot
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- The web developer needs to proactively look for ways to improve the performance of the existing code, find bottlenecks, performance degradation, and propose solutions to resolve those issues.
- Proficient in back tracing errors or bugs with little or no documentation, as well as adding logging, finding patterns, and identifying the origin of particular problems.
- Be creative and open minded to explore new technologies and programming languages.
- Accountant for the quality of the code delivered, modifying or extending the original functionality to meet business and operational needs.
- Post-Secondary degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems or Software Engineering.
- 4+ years of related work experience.
- Ability to work effectively as both a member of a team and independently
- Experience working with modern PHP frameworks (ie. Laravel, Symfony 2/3).
- Experience with Unit Testing as part of your workflow
- Experience with cloud hosting solutions and DevOps
- Good understanding of webserver infrastructure and systems.
- Organized, motivated and self-directed with good time management skills.
- Team oriented with a positive attitude and willingness to work hard.
- Understanding, interest, and participation in action/outdoor sports and youth culture.
- Highly motivated, flexible, self-directed and outgoing personality