Information Technology Director
Date PostedOct 24, 2018
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a forward-thinking Information Technology Director who likes to roll up their sleeves and challenge the status quo. Our dream team is made up of people who are excited to come to work each day with new ideas, solutions and plans to succeed (and have fun while doing it). Our goal is to equip and inspire our team to make impactful moves - both within these walls and outside of them.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Information Technology Director will provide the vision and leadership for the IT team by designing, developing and implementing IT initiatives that creates customer and business value. The principal goals are to develop and manage application portfolios for each department and to attain all IT service level agreements for the user community within the organization as well as designing and influencing the future state of IT landscape to ensure the facilitation and achievement of strategic goals. The Director of IT will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations. This role will partner with key stakeholders across the organization to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Lead and inspire the IT team (IT, IS and Web Dev) through coaching and delivery of continuous two-way feedback
- Partner with all stakeholders to identify and deliver additional applications and systems to facilitate the delivery of the overall business strategy
- Play a critical role in activities such as strategic business planning, defining business requirements, preparing business cases, project planning, negotiating the allocation of resources and ensuring the delivery of business solutions
- Responsible to develop annual IT budget and manage accordingly
- Develop & manage the IT roadmap in a high growth environment to continuously support the organizations strategic goals while sustaining the business and meeting operational needs
- Lead and coordinate development of infrastructure to ensure key business strategies and processes are supported by systems that enable growth and flexibility
- Regularly brief the Saxx leadership team on new technologies and capabilities to improve and enhance customer and/or stakeholder experiences and ensure adequate training is provided when required
- Develop a long-range strategy for ERP and corporate systems and the enterprise architecture to support these systems
- Ensure an enterprise architecture and strategy for business continuity and disaster recovery
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies.
- Management and oversight of the following: all IT infrastructure, security, network, cloud technologies, telephony systems and the overall enterprise architecture; Security Systems and protocols; corporate systems, platforms, data integrations, EDI; IT assets, inventory reporting, software, and firmware updating
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Minimum 7 years of Information Technology experience with increasing responsibility
- Minimum 3 years of IT staff management
- Strong understanding of new and evolving technologies and the ability to clearly articulate the vision for how best to evolve information technology through the translation of business needs into system solutions making maximum use of available tools
- Proven track record of leadership & mentorship skills to equip and inspire the IT team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences; the ability to present comfortably and effectively to audiences of all levels is critical.
- Experience in project management with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to establish credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization
- Must have the ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy and tact and have excellent customer service skills
- Must be a results-oriented and driven to succeed