Integrated Communications Specialist
LocationRemote, Canada or USA
Date PostedMay 16, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an Integrated Communications Specialist to join the team. This role can be fully remote within Canada or the USA.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
THE INTEGRATED COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST WILL…
Support the execution of SAXX's annual and seasonal integrated marketing plans to grow brand and product awareness, excitement and demand. These plans include earned media, media partnerships, paid placements, events and brand activations. Working closely with the Integrated Communications Manager, this role supports execution efforts related to public relations including generating ideas, research, project management, collateral development, agency coordination, event management, product ordering and results reporting. The Specialist will need to stay abreast of industry and cultural trends that SAXX can take part in in an effort to get SAXX in the US and Canadian cultural conversation.
- Support agencies in all media and VIP pitching, making sure they have the right tools and information to gain brand, product and editorial features within seasonal editorial calendars
- Share timely SAXX media coverage with key cross functional partners
- Respond to inquiries from inbound editorial requests, looping in PR agency and drafting responses when applicable
- Lead production of all brand press material creation including gifting and pitching assets as required
- Be a source of ideas on how SAXX can create or intersect cultural moments, particularly in the US, to grab attention from press and create salience, meaning and distinction with consumers
- Help secure thought leaders, celebrities and athletes as partners for product launches and brand campaigns, their engagement ranging from simple seeding to press interviews and promotional partners.
- Maintain relationships with chosen brand influencers, celebrities and athletes
- Ensure influencer content is available to cross functional partners
- Assist in the coordination of aspects with the PR agency for press events such as invitations and rsvp lists, product, brand collateral, experience elements and gifting
- Assist incentralized communication to internal and external stakeholders to ensure they are clear on expectations pre- and post- event
- Coordinate event contracts, order forms and any promotional agreements for each event
- Attend all events and oversee set-up and tear-down, product receipt, display and returns as needed
- Create event post-mortem against pre-established KPI’s and feedback
- Minimum 3+ years marketing experience with a focus in PR, preferably with a lifestyle company.
- College or university degree or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about keeping up to speed on US cultural trends; hot brands, properties and people; and trending topics on social; very culturally savvy
- Creative thinker within Public Relations
- Ability to speak and present to a large group, gaining buy in and inspiring action
- Willing to travel, sometimes over weekends when required
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Integrated Communications Specialist in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!