IT Infrastructure Lead
Date PostedMar 14, 2019
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a IT Infrastructure Lead to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
The IT Infrastructure Lead is primary responsible for providing and maintaining the core IT infrastructure platforms and solutions. The incumbent is a leader that has a thorough understanding in IT infrastructure technologies and solutions pertaining to daily operations of the business in conjunction with good knowledge in help desk operation, project management, contract administration and maintenance, systems architecture, and budget management. The incumbent will also need to work with external vendors, contractors, and remote employees to deliver service to the organization, as well as the ability to communicate to all levels within the organization.
- Ensure business needs are consistently being met with current technology.
- Ensure SLA requirements are clearly defined and consistently being met.
- Execute IT procurement, conduct market research, and participate in the establishment of terms and conditions for services.
- Manage risks and mitigation, methods and assumptions and define the scope of projects and provide cost/benefit analysis.
- Participate in cost evaluation and intended business outcomes to ensure existing services consistently deliver value to the company. Assess where increased value can be delivered for services in the pipeline.
- Ensure that IT services meet the service life cycle plan from design, transition, operation and continual improvement stages.
- Participate in budget planning and tracking for use of services and expenditures.
- Continuous Service Improvement by constantly evaluating metrics and monitoring service levels and their outcomes and plan for changes as necessary using IT industry best practices (e.g. ITIL).
- Responsible for supporting Internet connectivity and networking as well as work closely with service providers to ensure a high level of availability and access for all users.
- Service and support IT infrastructure including – servers, server O/S, virtualized server environments, storage, routers, and switches and all other infrastructure and systems components to provide high availability of IT infrastructure environment to all users.
- Service and support network security and firewall protection through hardware and software systems. Minimize security threats to the company using firewalls, anti-virus and intelligent blocking technology to divert malwares, viruses and other threats.
- Service and support Office 365 services and access and ensure high availability of the environment.
- Manage and support data backup hardware, software and services for the company’s data. Ensure that reliable and time structured backups are being done and that restoration of data as required.
- Support telephony and voice services using the appropriate technology (e.g. VoIP) for clear and reliable services. Work closely with service providers to ensure quality of service and high availability.
Help Desk Support
- Manage and support an IT Help Desk to ensure quality support services are provided on a consistent basis to users. Track IT incidents and issues and provide regular reports on volume of incidents, problem trends, ‘time to close’ incidents and Help Desk KPIs.
- Participate in developing policies and procedures for IT services. Utilize the ITIL framework to ensure the IT support efforts are effective and delivering a high level of service
- Provide a consultative approach with users when requests for new services are submitted or discussed. Ensure the best and most effective tools are considered to deliver what users need, but adhere to a broader standard that can be supported and is sustainable and scalable as appropriate.
- Manage junior Help Desk Support staff and ensure staff has clear objectives and measurements of services they provide.
- Minimum 3-5 years of applicable networking and infrastructure management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge of key operating systems (e.g. Microsoft, Linux, Mac O/S, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of network security, firewall, and anti-virus technology and systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies such as server, storage, networking, and telecom
- Strong computer skills; be a ‘power-user’ with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, and Microsoft O365
- Good understanding on cloud computing platform and technology (e.g. AWS)
- General understanding on IT change management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills and relationship building skills. Experiences in supporting remote employees would be an asset.
- Ability to stay focused and calm under pressure
- Ability to manage external vendors to deliver service and to complete projects
- Must be a self-starter and able to accomplish expected tasks in an accurate and timely fashion