IT Infrastructure Manager
- Date: Posted May 18, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Contact: email@example.com
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an IT Infrastructure Manager to join the team. This role is situated out of our Vancouver Office with occasional travel to Portland. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE IT INFRASTRUCTURE AND SECURITY MANAGER WILL….
Provide leadership and hands-on support to SAXX’s IT Infrastructure and employee-facing Helpdesk team. This is a unique opportunity to work mostly remote at a fast-growing company with a cloud-based tech stack. If you’re an IT leader who has hands-on experience with networking, system administration, and AWS architecture, we’d love to speak with you
- Manage the IT Infrastructure department, including Helpdesk, System Administration, and IT Infrastructure
- Manage the IT infrastructure including: servers, server O/S, Hyper-V, Cloud server environments, storage, routers, switches, and all other infrastructure and systems components
- Develop, implement, and monitor a comprehensive AWS and Azure cloud management program.
- Establish and continuously improve helpdesk KPIs
- Ensure all employees have reliable connectivity to company resources, regardless of their location
- Create and maintain SAXX’s Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, in partnership with the Cybersecurity Manager
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and best practices
- Monitor and facilitate the adoption of software and hardware across the organization
- Manage relationships and contracts with 3rd party software and hardware vendors
- Lead successful team outcomes by tracking goals, participating in regular one-on-ones, and overseeing work assignments
- Provide leadership for requirements gathering, short and long-term planning, and sequencing of work plan items
- Create, approve, and track project budgets, ensuring alignment to the department budget
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders to ensure efficient and superior business operations
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and career development opportunities to your team to help drive their career and achieve their best
- Foster a fun and engaging team environment that celebrates success
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or relevant qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ hands-on technical experience managing IT Infrastructure and Helpdesk
- Minimum 3 years’ hands-on experience in O365 Admin
- Minimum 1 year of experience leading a team
- Comprehensive knowledge of key operating systems (Microsoft, Linux, Mac O/S)
- Hands-on experience working in an AWS cloud environment is required
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or SysOps Administrator credential is required
- Experience with networking using routers, switches and firewalls including the OSI Model and TCP/IP stack
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of flexibility with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- High degree of responsibility and attention to detail
- Proven track record of delivering collaborative and business-focused solutions
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with the ITIL framework
- Azure certification or experience
- CCNA, ACSA, and/or CompTIA Network+ or A+ Certifications
- Background as a Network Admin
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive employer-paid benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being.
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and portfolio, and quote IT Infrastructure and Security Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!