Date PostedJune 2, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an Junior Accountant to join the team based at our Vancouver office.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in a multi-company environment. The Junior Accountant will play an important part in the daily operations of the Finance department and the timely preparation of month-end financial statements. This includes, but is not limited to, managing cashflow, reconciling GL accounts, posting journal entries and adjustments, reviewing inventory accuracy, preparing sales rep commission statements, assisting with accounts payable, supporting preparation of financial statements, and providing assistance to the Finance Department to help it meet its deadlines in an accurate, timely, and reliable manner.
- Ensure inventory quantity accuracy by performing daily and month end reconciliations. Enter write-offs and adjustments to match warehouse reports.
- Work with Operations, Logistics, Customer Care and Warehouses to correct inventory errors
- Ensure repackaging projects and quality transfers are entered and completed
- Ensure inventory costing is accurate (FOB, Duty, Freight, brokerage etc is entered accurately in correct month)
- Generate Month End Inventory Aging and Valuation Reports
Accounts Payable - Support
- Obtain proper authorization for each A/P invoice before entering invoice to correct GL code
- Allocate freight and duty costs for inventory related A/P invoices
- Coverage of A/P:
- Prepare cheques payments on the 15th and the 30th of each month
- Reconcile vendor accounts in ERP with vendor statements
- Respond to requests for credit references
Sales Representatives and Commission
- Manage agreements and ensure proper signatures have been obtained and agreements are approved by VP Finance.
- Prepare monthly commission reports, issue payments to reps, and respond to all commission related inquiries.
- Set up Sales Rep accounts and Sales Rep promo accounts, and monitor promo accounts.
Sales and invoicing
- Reconcile Amazon and other Marketplace Sales Reports to ERP Sales
- Review Sales Orders and Return Authorizations for accuracy
- Upload and Issue Invoices and Credit Notes
- Process and email out daily and weekly sales reports
- Correct of invoices, credit notes and posted payments when necessary
- Perform bank reconciliations. Enter bank transactions, balance and clear payables, and update cash flows to ensure sufficient cash
- Notify the credit team of all customer credit card and wire deposits received on bank statement
- Collaborate with different departments in documenting and updating policies and procedures
- Assist in providing documents and reports for audits and ad hoc projects
- Minimum 1 year of accounting experience
- Working towards a CPA designation considered an asset
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, an asset
- Accurate and efficient to ensure information entered is error-free
- Ability to adapt and focus under pressure to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines
- Team player who supports others, collaborates well and is fun
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Comes up with creative new ideas and seeks out opportunities for development
- High Standards; exceeds expectations and goes the extra mile for customers and partners
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Junior Accountant in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply