Key Account Manager
Date PostedOct 01, 2018
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a forward-thinking Key Account Manager who likes to roll up their sleeves and challenge the status quo. Our dream team is made up of people who are excited to come to work each day with new ideas, solutions and plans to succeed (and have fun while doing it). Our goal is to equip and inspire our team to make impactful moves - both within these walls and outside of them.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Reporting to the Canadian Sales Director, the Key Account Manager is responsible for the growth and development of strategic partnerships with key retail partners. You will also generate and identify new business opportunities that will support the continued growth of this energetic organization. Through analytics and the interpretation of sales data, you will develop and provide accurate monthly & seasonal forecasts and identify opportunities for immediate business. Working closely with the Canadian Sales Director, in partnership with Marketing, Operations and internal inventory team, the KAM will develop and execute winning strategic initiatives, seasonal assortments that drive sell through achieving corporate sales goals.
- Partner with buyers and senior stakeholders of targeted retailers to drive SAXX business and increase profitability by developing long lasting relationships.
- Meet or exceed monthly, seasonal and annual sales targets; identifying account-level opportunities to drive revenue
- Become the SAXX Brand & Product expert to deliver SAXX education in a meaningful way
- Effectively communicate & present the SAXX story, brand positioning, seasonal initiatives, merchandising and promotional guidelines of SAXX Products
- Effectively partner with other functional areas in the execution of Go-To-Market plans (GTM)
- Own account forecasting, style-plans and replenishment
- Analyze sales data to provide accurate forecasts, ensuring projections are in line with operational goals and overall company growth strategy
- Ensure that all collateral materials are created and distributed as required for promotions.
- Provide updates to Sales Management, Product Development and Marketing on competitive flooring, sales, activities, and trends.
- Responsible for ensuring that preseason and immediate forecasts and sales orders have accurate product, start ship dates, pricing, terms and discounts to ensure accurate and on time delivery
- Develop and execute sell-through plans in partnership with merchants & Canadian Sales Director to align with business goals and ensures that accounts are serviced in accordance with company standards
- Plan and participate in tradeshows, company and account events.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication to internal Marketing, Product and Operations teams to successfully execute Retailer business opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or greater in Business Administration, Business Management or Commerce or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of B2B Sales experience including wholesale & retail preferably in the apparel industry
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%, including some international)
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and networking skills
- Goal-driven, able to develop and manage a strategic growth initiative
- Top level understanding of retail and wholesale analytics, forecasting, and language
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Proven presentation skills and experience in public speaking
- Must be self-motivated and energetic with a high level of commitment
- Ability to identify appropriate business targets, secure high-level appointments, and manage prospects to close
- Ability manage multiple and congruent projects under pressure
- Proficient computer skills and ability to manipulate data for analysis and reporting; Intermediate Excel Skills required
- Team oriented with excellent collaboration skills
- Proficient in Retail Math
- Experience managing key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities