Date PostedMar 19, 2019
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
The Logistics Coordinator will support the International Logistics Supervisor to execute day-to-day in-house (non 3PL) global freight and brokerage operations including shipping from suppliers, duty declaration, stock transfers, head office shipping and reverse logistics, ensuring that the right products deliver to the right location on time in a cost-effective manner. The role proactively plans transportation solutions maximizing ocean and ground transit routes, ensures vendor compliance with international trade regulations as well as SAXX standard operating procedures in order to capitalize on cost-saving opportunities in freight, brokerage and tariffs. It is also responsible for maintaining accurate PO, MR and inventory information in ERP system as well as validating COGS for accounting.
- Executing logistics services from all supplier (non 3PL) locations to all delivery locations, including stock transfers, reverse logistics, and head office shipping
- Identifying optimal shipping methods, lanes and container sizes, escalating expedited shipping requests to Supervisor as appropriate
- Escalating and communicating supply delays, risks and mitigation opportunities to Supervisor
- Resolving challenges concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports and exports in a positive fashion
- Engaging Production, where appropriate, to maximize consolidation opportunities
- Validating and archiving commercial paperwork for vendor payment, customs clearance, duty drawback and audit purposes
- Ensuring customs and VAT entries are accurate and compliant
- Working with customs brokers and consultants on duty adjustments and drawbacks to maximize recoveries
- Monitoring and assessing cost and service levels of SAXX reverse logistics program
- Complying with international trade laws and regulations as well as SAXX standard operating procedures
- Providing shipping advice and solutions to all business partners upon request
- Creating and updating policies and procedures for international shipping activities.
Purchase Order, Merchandize Receipt and Supply
- Maintaining Purchase Order lifecycle in ERP including status tracking, cost updates, date management, cancellation
- Maintaining Merchandize Receipt lifecyle in ERP including creation, status updates, detail uploading and changes, cost updates, date management, receiving
- Tracking supply delays, risks and receipt variances and collaborate with Planning and production to create solutions, escalating to Supervisor where appropriate
- Creating MR uploads and Commercial documents to support stock transfers, including transfers to Amazon
- Administering paperwork and inventory accuracy for stock transfers, including transfers to Amazon
Inventory Management, Cost Control and Accounting
- Uploading, maintaining and receiving MRs to ensure accurate visibility for customers and accuracy of inventory in the ERP system.
- Validating inbound freight, duty, brokerage and head office shipping invoices and allocating costs of goods sold (freight/duty/tax)
- Meeting cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Assisting Supervisor in completing month-end accounting task on time
- To monitor, control and manage operations to meet customer expectations and company goals
- To assist supervisor in day-to-day coordination and execution of business operational activities
- To maintain strong inter-departmental relationships
- To identify problems in operations process and escalate to Supervisor in timely manner
- To create or maintain clear and accurate standard operations procedures and ensure compliance
- Minimum 2-years experience in international shipping role
- Demonstrable international shipping experience from manufacturing or wholesale distribution environment
- Demonstrated high attention to detail, methodical approach to documentation
- Demonstrated high level of organizational skills, communication and time management
- Excel to intermediary level
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Bachelor’s degree, applicable certification, or equivalent experience with a focus in Business or Supply Chain preferred.
- APICS, CPIM/ equivalent designation a strong asset
- Knowledge of international shipping laws, regulations and customs an asset
- Working knowledge of ERP software an asset
- Ability to communicate in Chinese languages a strong asset