Producer, Photography Production
Date PostedMarch 7, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a PRODUCER, PHOTOGRAPHY PRODUCTION to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
THE PRODUCER, PHOTOGRAPHY PRODUCTION WILL….
Join our Brand team and report to the Brand Operations Manager. This role will be responsible for managing the production of all brand photo and video content. You will manage every element of pre-production ensuring creative assets are produced to the highest quality, on time and on budget. Your pre- and post-production skills are honed, and you are excited to drive concepts from your creative partners to successful completion.
- Organize and maintain photo samples in SAXX photo studio every season and for pre/post-production
- Build & own all production budgets including gaining approval, tracking and ensuring all expenses are submitted on time.
- Build & own pre-production timelines and day of call sheets.
- Execute all pre-production needs including location scouting, travel booking, obtaining permits, props, and equipment as needed.
- Ensure all internal equipment is maintained and in good working condition before arriving on set.
- Source all external freelancers required to execute shoot needs including photographers, videographer, models, stylists, grooming and production assistants.
- Secure all external freelancers by providing clear scope expectation, managing contract negotiations and providing expense approval.
- Source and arrange pick up & returns of all set deck, props, and samples as required.
- Ensure all stakeholders receive clear communication and are set up for success on day of shoot.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with a variety of external vendors, contractors and partners.
On Set Production:
- Manage all day of operations on set.
- Build and distribute call sheets and keep teams on a cadence that will produce the required shot list.
- Ensure that changes or unforeseen issues are mitigated through smart strategic solutions and clear communication.
- Create a safe & high energy environment onset including providing provisions and basic comforts.
- Manage all deliveries & returns as required.
- Work with the Brand Operations team to schedule shoots that align with the go-to-market calendar and output requirements.
- Work with Brand Operations Manager to ensure that production budgets are within the overall departmental budget.
- Establish effective communication mechanisms with key stakeholders.
- 2+ years photography production experience
- Experience working with external vendors, contractors and partners
- Ability to take initiative with a creative mind for problem solving
- Ability to turn productions around quickly yet maintain a high level of quality
- Highly detail oriented - you notice the smallest details that others would miss
- Experience managing production budgets
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote PRODUCER, PHOTOGRAPHY PRODUCTION in the subject line. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply