Product Line Manager
- Date: Posted Mar 02, 2023
- Location: Portland, USA
- Contact: email@example.com
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Product Line Manager to join the team based at our Portland office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE PRODUCT LINE MANAGER WILL….
Drive product merchandising strategies to achieve annual and long-term brand and financial goals. Leveraging their knowledge of the market and consumer insights, they identify new problems to solve through product and fabric innovations and create assortment and pricing strategies to maximize these opportunities. The PLM will use all the tools at hand to become the expert in their categories: consumer, competitor, selling trends, and market data. They will work cross-functionally with Design, Materials Innovation, Product Development, Sales, and Demand Planning.
- Develop the seasonal product line plan to meet the consumer’s need, address brand and sales channel strategies, and deliver the revenue plan by channel, while delivering products at margin goals.
- Create product road maps, assortment, and introduction strategies by analyzing and interpreting market and SAXX selling trends, SKU productivity, and consumer insight.
- Develop long-term product introduction and innovation roadmap.
- Partner with Design to develop a color theory for each category and leverage market and sales trends to drive print and color assortment.
- Create and implement category product line strategies including line structuring, pricing, product flow, product segmentation, and product differentiation to support the D2C and wholesale businesses, addressing diverse regional requirements and variation in the channel/tier of the SAXX retail environment.
- Ensure product creation timelines are met and that the Master Line Guide is up to date throughout the development season.
- A bachelor's degree in business or merchandising.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in product line management and/or retail buying with a focus in apparel.
- Strong understanding of sales, distribution, and merchandising. Successful Candidate will be retail-savvy and have an affinity for key account partners.
- Experience analyzing sell in, sell off and SKU productivity to determine appropriate line breadth.
- Understanding of retail analytics and the ability to analyze sell off to inform future product efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop retail pricing strategy and drive product development to meet targeted retail pricing and margin goals.
- Comfortable with pulling data from excel to driving decision making
- Ability to interpret financial sales data and create reports to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- Experience working within PLM systems (Centric)
- Results-oriented individual with strong analytical acumen and interpersonal skills to develop excellent relationships with vendors and external business partners.
- Excellent presentation skills are essential for informing, influencing and motivating audiences; from large presentations to key account meetings.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to reach all company objectives, as well as work well independently to meet strict deadlines.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage to support your wellbeing.
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and an Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join a fast-growing company and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters.
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote PRODUCT LINE MANAGER in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!