Product Quality and Compliance Manager
Date PostedJul 03, 2019
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Product Quality and Compliance Manager to join the team based at our Portland office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
The Product Quality and Compliance Manager will be responsible for quality assurance, quality control, corporate social responsibility, and global regulatory compliance. They will manage Quality and Compliance standard for raw materials and finished garments, including testing requirements and processes. They will develop and drive cost-effective initiatives to maintain and enhance SAXX standards at the factory level and monitor the Quality program at SAXX warehouses.
- Collaborate with Materials and Sourcing leads to create company standards (RSL, Quality Control, Performance, Consumer Safety Requirements, Compliance and Labeling) based on industry best practices and global regulations, across materials and finished garments. Own the implementation and rollout of standards and requirements to SAXX suppliers and factories.
- Work directly with Sourcing, Product Management, Material Development, factories and suppliers to ensure company requirements are understood and implemented properly throughout the supply chain.
- Monitor ever-changing international regulations and manage the development and implementation of process changes to meet regulatory requirements and company standards.
- Update cross functional teams on partner non-compliance with company standards, proactively provide solutions and escalate issues to senior management promptly as required.
- Engage and manage 3rd Party labs and inspection services to monitor testing of material quality, product quality, safety and RSL compliance, and in-line production quality control.
- Develop, implement and maintain day-to-day operations to support SAXX QA standards.
- Develop and implement QC program at all SAXX warehouse locations.
- Receive, review, track and maintain records of all production material testing, RSL testing, and product quality inspections and audits.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all bulk production quality issues. Build relationships and interact with Sourcing teams, vendors, and cross-department teams to quickly resolve and mitigate quality concerns. Communicate with SAXX Customer Service and Sales teams on customer complaints, concerns, and resolution.
- Own the SAXX Monthly Returns Reporting process. Review data with the Material and Sourcing teams. Analyze issues, determine root cause, and collaborate with Material and Sourcing Leads to build action plans for improvement.
- Determine corrective action, analyze cost implications, and partner with SAXX Design and Development to engineer solutions that address quality issues.
- Supply SAXX Sales Support with CRS compliance documents seasonally.
- Manage chargebacks related to quality issues.
- Own the Saxx Code of Conduct program, track vendor partner audits and certification, and report seasonally.
- Maintain the SAXX product quality modules in the SAXX Vendor Manual.
- Partner with the Production Planner to complete vendor score cards on a seasonal basis, providing Sourcing with a basis for strategic program placement.
- College or University degree in Apparel/Textiles or relevant field preferred.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Understanding of garment construction, production processes, materials, test methods, standards, and product compliance regulations.
- In-depth working knowledge of garment and textile manufacturing processes, factory evaluation techniques and vendor compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge of environmental standards and compliance requirements for garment factories and material manufacturers.
- Previous experience with onsite overseas factory visits.
- Proficiency in process implementation and demonstrated knowledge of quality metrics and test methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, project management, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to problem solve & resolve issues; curiosity and information seeking skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with cross-functional team members and external partners, and to communicate clearly across time zones and cultures.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 3 times per year.
- Proficiency and working knowledge of Apparel and Materials Product Data Management systems and tools a plus.
- Proficiency using standard office software tools (e.g. Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)