Senior Financial Analyst
Date PostedSept 11, 2020
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the team based in Vancouver.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Providing strategic business analysis services to business partners. You will be responsible for performing quantitative analysis and providing insight into day to day operations, business performance and strategic priorities through financial modeling, business case support, analytics & reporting that will assist financial and non-financial stake holders to facilitate decision making at various levels of the organization. This role will report into the Vice President of Finance.
- Develop and maintain financial models to support detailed analysis of both company and department specific P&L with an emphasis on gross margin results
- Identify operational, financial, and technological risks and opportunities to improve efficiency
- Assists Department heads and Project Managers on mid-size and large complex projects related to operational business functions by providing sound financial analysis
- Develop and adopt quantitative methods, financial modelling, sensitivity analysis, hypothesis creation and testing to improve accuracy of financial forecasts
- Support and align efforts to meet customer and business needs
- Develop process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination, integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational change
- Analyze and report on current financial status
- Coordinate with the VP of Finance and the executive team on long-term financial planning
- Participate in budgeting (for departments and projects)
- Establish financial policies in collaboration with the VP of Finance
- Prepare Financial Reporting requirements for month end, quarterly and year end packages
- Prepares data and information to support annual audit and various external audits
- Develops and supports both standard and ad hoc reports for trending, results reporting and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance with an accompanying CPA designation (CA, CMA, CPA)
- Minimum of 2 years in a financial and quantitative analysis environment preferably in a growing organization
- Proven skills in planning, time management, prioritization, problem solving, decision-making and communication - both written and verbal. Acute attention to detail is also imperative.
- Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
- Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills
- Proven accounting and analytical skills including proven ability to identify and explain financial variances, statistical changes, patterns and trends in data.
- Accurate, detailed and results oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to manage & execute schedule for all projects
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Team oriented with a positive attitude
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
Please forward your resume and quote Senior Financial Analyst in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply