Senior Full Stack Developer
Date PostedJune 3, 2020
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join the team based in Vancouver.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Responsible for providing technical architecture, coding customized solutions, and enhancing the existing functionality and capabilities of our software platforms. The incumbent is a full-stack developer that will be just as comfortable writing code and as a solution architect. The Senior Developer will contribute to extend the application features, and fill any functionality gaps with custom well-written, commented, secured, organized and documented code. Supporting the existing code base, and being a key player in researching possible issues.
- Drive digital architectural design and discussions to support the design and deployment of application solutions.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and improve application development life-cycle process and deployment methodologies.
- Provide solutions to address technical and architecture issues in application development.
- Ability to take the creative ideas and drill down to give concise deliverables both in terms of features and functionality.
- Produce detailed specifications. Document the code, and write meaningful articles in our project tracking tool Jira, or the knowledge base Confluence.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle. Recognize weaknesses on the project analysis and propose amendments, changes, or do further research on issues identified and make recommendations on how best to resolve them.
- Follow industry best practices. Ensure a high level of quality of the delivered code by following industry standards, and committing to excellence on all deliverables.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary. Review and extend existing tools, platforms and applications or scripts already in place.
- Building applications and tools, to automate processes, data reporting and other custom needs.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the performance of the existing code, find bottlenecks, performance degradation, and propose solutions to resolve those issues.
- Proficient in back tracing errors or bugs with little or no documentation, as well as adding logging, finding patterns, and identifying the origin of particular problems.
- Be creative and open minded to explore new technologies and programming languages.
- Accountant for the quality of the code delivered, modifying or extending the original functionality to meet business and operational needs.
- Post-Secondary degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- Organized, motivated and self-directed with good time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as a member of a team and independently.
- Experience working with modern PHP frameworks (i.e. Laravel, Symfony 3+, PSR standards).
- Experience working with relational databases (i.e. mySQL).
- Experience with automated testing as part of your workflow.
- Experience with cloud hosting solutions and DevOps (i.e. AWS, GitLab, Ansible).
- Good understanding of webserver infrastructure and systems.
- Experience with Shopify as an e-commerce platform.
- Experience working within an Agile team.
Please forward your resume and quote Senior Full Stack Developer in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply