- Date: Posted Jul 10, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Contact: email@example.com
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Senior Photographer to join the Brand team in Vancouver, BC. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE SENIOR PHOTOGRAPHER WILL….
Lead the creation of brand marketing photography through the application of both technical and creative skills for use across multiple channels. This role will primarily produce campaign imagery and various forms of product photography, as well as manage the post production and asset inventory process. As the owner of the entire photography process, this person partners with the Art Director and Brand Operations team members to deliver photographs that are reflected of the set seasonal tons and/or campaign. The Senior Photographer is a passionate visual story teller and a key cultural contributor to a fun, inspiring and united working environment. This role works cross functionally and requires a highly collaborative style with the ability to influence and motivate to drive results on brand, on time and on budget.
- Identify areas of opportunity to create efficiencies and workflow. Collaborate with Brand Operations to review workflow processes, efficiencies, and outputs.
- Work with the Art Director and Producer to engage freelance photographers as required
- Understand the creative requirements for the season and/or campaign as set by the Art Director
- Collaborate with the Art Director and other Brand Creative team members to implement and develop new styles and techniques that improve the overall quality of photography
- Create and continually refine photography visual and resource guides
- Maintain photo equipment and cleanliness of the studio
- Keep current with industry trends and implement best practices (lighting, equipment, camera updates)
- Lead the creation of brand marketing photography, for use across multiple channels, including:
- Lifestyle imagery for creative campaigns
- Product catalogue photography (on form, on body, flat lay)
- Events and activations
- Imagery to be used for internal company needs
- Responsible for the set-up, composition, and lighting of all shoots, ensuring products are represented accurately, and in line with brand guidelines
- Responsible for the digital image capture process of all campaign, product catalogue and other shoots as required
- Determine all lighting and digital capture requirements and ensure appropriate highlight and shadow exposure, colour density and tone
- Ensure all images captured comply with the overall creative and marketing objectives for all seasonal shoots
- Assist in the setup and teardown of sets, lighting systems and camera and grip equipment to maintain the photography workflow
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the photography shoot.
- Direct talent in a variety of poses to bring out the best in each model. Ensure it is aligned with the provided art direction.
- Direct other shoot team members in all aspects of equipment needs and technical applications
- Make first pass photography selects that are representative of the provided art direction to pass to the Art Director
- Create detailed retouching notes and interface directly with retouching resources when required
- Retouch photography assets from time to time ensuring brand standards and product accuracy are visual represented
- Manage the postproduction process of captured photography, ensuring that all photos are processed, sized, identified, and uploaded within set deadlines and meet campaign objectives
- Manage the organization and maintenance of digital files, ensuring integrity and accessibility for the broader creative team
- Bachelor's degree in photography, visual arts, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional photography experience working within a lifestyle brand focused on models and apparel is required.
- Proven experience as a professional photographer, with a strong portfolio demonstrating a range of styles and subjects.
- Expert knowledge of digital photography equipment, lighting techniques, and advanced post-production software (e.g., Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Capture One etc.).
- Proficiency in both studio and on-location photography, including experience with different lighting setups and techniques.
- Strong creative vision and ability to conceptualize and execute unique and visually stunning photographs. In-depth knowledge of industry trends, techniques, and best practices, and a passion for staying up-to-date with the latest advancements.
- Proficiency in post-production software and techniques, including retouching, color correction, and image manipulation.
- Videography knowledge an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with clients, models, and other team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to plan and execute multiple photoshoots simultaneously.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive employer-paid benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being.
- Get additional healthcare support through a virtual healthcare platform and a health spending account.
- Participate in a Group RRSP matching program.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community and to support causes that matter to you most.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Free products? Yes please! Every SAXX employee receives an annual $600 credit to treat themselves and the people in their life to our premium products.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym, along with on-site showers.
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters (Woof!)
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in the office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Senior Photographer in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!