- Date: Posted Nov 27, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, CA
- Contact: email@example.com
- Term: Full-time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a COPY MANAGER to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX is proud to be Great Place to Work® Certified by the Great Place to Work® Institute and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE COPY MANAGER WILL….
Be responsible for developing and implementing all copy touchpoints for SAXX. This role will manage a team of copywriters and work collaboratively with the Brand, Product and ecommerce teams to ensure that the SAXX voice delivers a consistent brand experience across all channels. This role ensures that all copy assets are received on time and elevate the SAXX brand, speak to our target consumers, and meet business objectives.
- Guiding, editing, and ensuring copy meets brand standards across all SAXX channels, including but not limited to website, social, digital ads, physical/retail assets, podcasts and other scripts, catalogue, product and technology naming, brand guidelines, press releases and all seasonal marketing, and product launches.
- Working with an internal copywriter and agency partners to ensure the brand voice is upheld; providing detailed feedback, revisions and direction as needed.
- Work cross-functional with the design team on multi-iterative process to ensure copy and visual synergies in final assets.
- Concepting and producing inspiring, impactful taglines and copy direction for seasonal campaigns and product launches; present and on-board the larger team to your vision.
- Give input to messaging, scripts and press releases for Brand Activations designed to increase brand awareness in the US.
- Working closely with product team to ensure key product features are established and integrated effectively into product and tech communications.
- Analyzing performance data and findings on target consumers to ensure copy function effectively pivots to leverage key findings.
- Build and manage a system for naming products, technologies and fabrics.
- Identify opportunities to optimize our internal creative processes for maximum efficiency.
- Keeping up to date with competitors and industry best practices; identify and share with the team opportunities to innovate, improve, and get inspired.
- Champion the SAXX brand voice – onboard new team members, agency stakeholders, and continue to hold us to a standard of creating unique, impactful copy for everything we do.
- Ensure all copy is appropriate for the platform, communicates necessary messaging and is quality-assured before publishing.
- Develop, coach and guide the copy writer in establishing objectives and developing skills that drive creative performance.
- Build key relationships with cross-functional partners to get the right inputs and feedback from relevant stakeholders as needed.
- Build structure that holds the team accountable to producing and editing clear, concise copy for all business channels.guide the copy team in ed key channels
- Manage Copy writers workflow and resourcing with support from marketing ops team.
- Bachelor's Degree or diploma in Marketing or related field; or equivalent years of combined education & experience.
- 5+ years of ad copy writing experience, preferably in a consumer products category.
- Ability to function professionally at highest level in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present your concepts and strategies to senior management.
- Strong conceptual and creative abilities, demonstrated by a portfolio writing samples.
- Highly detail-oriented — you notice the smallest misplaced apostrophe that others would miss.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a relentless learner.
- Expert storyteller – your imagination can turn a pair of underwear into a page turner.
- Sense of humour — you're going to be writing a lot about balls.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is $78,000.00-$85,000.00. The final aligned upon salary will be dependent on the successful candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and job-related knowledge.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive employer-paid benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being.
- Get additional healthcare support through a virtual healthcare platform and a health spending account.
- Participate in a Group RRSP matching program.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community and to support causes that matter to you most.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Free products? Yes please! Every SAXX employee receives an annual $600 credit to treat themselves and the people in their life to our premium products.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym, along with on-site showers.
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters (Woof!)
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in the office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote COPY MANAGER in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!