Sales Support Agent
- Date: Posted Jul 05, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Contact: email@example.com
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Sales Support Agent to join the team based at our Vancouver, BC office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE SALES SUPPORT AGENT WILL….
Deliver best-in-industry Sales Support to SAXX customers and Account Managers. This includes answering inquiries and needs with appropriate attitude and knowledge; developing expertise in order management software; contacting accounts to drive revenue; delivering services to a portfolio of strategic accounts; liaising with accounting and operations to constantly improve processes. This role will also provide support to the Account Managers, the Sales Support & Operations Managers in addition to the Sales Directors.
Service Standards & Order Management
- Working with appropriate departments for new account setup.
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with account managers & key personnel in assigned accounts where appropriate.
- Assisting with the entering of orders, refunds, cancellations, and warranties.
- Checking the accuracy of orders against purchase orders to ensure vendor pricing and terms requirements are met including rep commission.
- Communicating discrepancies with buyers and account managers to modify orders.
- Ensuring pending orders are up to date and supply constraints are communicated early to customers and Account Managers.
- Ensuring the timely facilitation of transfer/bulk orders as required and the release of orders to the warehouse with clear instructions where relevant.
- Providing prompt responses to telephone calls and emails within SLA (1 business day).
- Coordinating with customers, account managers, Finance, Logistics, and 3PLs to resolve delivery exceptions and payment queries.
- Achieving assigned account performance objectives as defined by Sales Support Manager.
- Assisting Finance with all relevant return (RA) audits upon request.
- Developing expertise in SAXX ERP, Elastic Suite, EDI, Webforms, and other order platforms on direction.
- Proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating that customer needs are being met on an ongoing basis.
- Maintaining records on the number of customer queries received and the nature of the query
- Securing & filing signed copies of assigned annual Vendor Agreements from the Sales Directors.
- Ensuring all departments & warehouses are furnished with relevant extracts from Vendor Agreements including updates.
- Investigating & addressing credit claims/chargebacks, from customer request to final resolution.
- Staying current with system information, payment methods, changes, and updates.
- Updating account managers and customers on sales programs.
- Managing the flow of samples to account managers.
- Liaising with Inventory control for stock inquiries.
General Customer Care
- Answering incoming communication with an appropriate sales attitude and product knowledge
- Work with team members in a shared email inbox and shared phone line.
- Answering product and stock inquiries.
- Communicating courteously with external partners, mainly sales representatives and retail customers, by telephone, email, and any future channels that may be added.
- Escalating decisions to the Sales Support Manager, Director of Wholesale Operations, or Sales Directors as appropriate.
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers.
- Taking ownership and leading customers' issues and following problems through to resolution.
- Providing customer care to other territories when required during periods of staff vacation.
- Conducting additional projects as assigned by Sales Support Manage.
- 2-3 years of experience working in a retail environment as a supervisor or manager of an asset.
- Experience operating in Microsoft Dynamics ERP, EDI and Elastic Suite an asset.
- Proficient in Excel (Formulas and Pivot tables)
- Excellent sales support skills, with the ability to multi-task and think commercially in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to proactively manage tasks over a 12-month period.
- High Accuracy Level with the ability to deliver accurate data on a timely basis.
- Ability to work efficiently with little supervision without allowing things to slip through the cracks.
- Ability to adjust communication style to accommodate the working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals.
- Aptitude to think laterally when problem-solving, always looking for opportunities.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Copes effectively with complexity and change, often in ambiguity.
- Desire for learning - always seeks out opportunities for development.
- A high level of honesty and integrity.
- Desire and ability to go the extra mile for both internal and external customers and partners. Expects personal and team performance to be the best.
- Desire to work in an environment where humor plays an important role in regulating the tone of our workday. Ability to handle situations with all customers effectively.
- Ability to set expectations and deliver information in a positive and articulate way.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive employer-paid benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being.
- Get additional healthcare support through a virtual healthcare platform and a health spending account.
- Participate in a Group RRSP matching program.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community and to support causes that matter to you most.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Free products? Yes please! Every SAXX employee receives an annual $600 credit to treat themselves and the people in their life to our premium products.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym, along with on-site showers.
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters (Woof!)
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in the office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Sales Support Agent in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!