Sales Support Agent
Date PostedFeb 22, 2019
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Sales Support Agent to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
The Sales Support Agent is responsible for delivering best-in-industry Sales Support to Saxx customers and account managers. This includes responding to enquiries and needs with appropriate attitude and knowledge; developing expertise in order management software; developing relationships with retail partners to support revenue growth; liaising with accounting and operations to constantly improve processes. The Sales Support Agent will provide support to the Account Managers, the Sales Support & Operations Managers in addition to the Sales Directors.
- Working with appropriate departments for new account set up
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with account managers & retailers in assigned accounts where appropriate
- Assisting with the entering of orders, refunds, cancellations and warranties
- Checking accuracy of orders against purchase orders to ensure vendor pricing and terms requirements are met including rep commission
- Communicating discrepancies with buyers and account managers to modify orders
- Ensuring pending orders are up to date and supply constraints communicated early to customers and Account Managers
- Ensuring the timely allocation and release of orders to the warehouse with clear instructions where relevant
- Providing prompt responses to telephone calls and emails
- Coordinating with customers, account managers, accounting and warehouses to resolve delivery exceptions and payment queries
- Achieving established targets as defined by the Sales Support Manager
- Assisting Accounts Receivable with all relevant return (RA) audits upon request
- Developing expertise in EDI, SPS, Shopify and other order platforms on direction
- Proactively assessing, clarifying and validating that customer needs are being met on an ongoing basis
- Maintaining records on the number of customer queries received and the nature of the query
- Appropriately escalating issues to Sales Support Manager or redirecting to appropriate resource
- Investigating & addressing credit claims/chargebacks, from retail partners request to final resolution
- Staying current with system information, payment methods, changes and updates
- Updating account managers and customers on sales programs
- Ensuring Dealer locator reflects new accounts, removal of closed accounts, account scrubbing
- Managing flow of samples to account managers
- Liaising with Inventory control for stock enquiries
- Answering incoming calls, emails and faxes with appropriate sales attitude and product knowledge
- Answering product and stock inquiries
- Communicating courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face to face
- Escalating decisions to the Sales Support Manager, Brand Operations Director or Sales Directors as appropriate
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers
- Taking ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Providing customer care to other territories when required during periods of staff vacation
- Conducting additional projects as assigned by Sales Support Manager
- Minimum 2 years’ customer service experience preferably in a wholesale environment.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills both written and verbal
- Efficiency: able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort, strong time management skills
- High Standards: exceeds expectations and goes the extra mile for both internal and external customers and partners. Expects personal and team performance to be the best.
- Attention to Detail: does not let important details slip through the cracks, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with EDI considered significant asset
- Conversational French would be an asset
- Forward Planning: ability to manage tasks over a 12-month period
- High Accuracy Level: ability to deliver accurate data on a timely basis, ability to work efficiently with little supervision
- Curious and takes ownership of role
- Adaptable: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change, often in ambiguity. Seeks out opportunities for development.
- Honest/Integrity: does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Be grounded: able to work in an environment where humor plays an important role in regulating the tone of our workday.
- Ability to stay calm in a challenging situations and under pressure
- Ability to set expectations and deliver information in a positive and articulate way