VP eCommerce and Digital Marketing
- Date: Posted Nov 16, 2022
- Location: Canada
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a VP eCommerce and Digital Marketing to join the team based at our Canada location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA.
THE VP eCOMMERCE AND DIGITAL MARKETING WILL….
The Vice President will be accountable for developing the ecommerce and digital marketing strategy/roadmap as well as overseeing the execution of that strategy, with excellence. This role will be responsible for the delivery of top and bottom-line results, while effectively managing all levers of the DTC P&L.
The VP will be responsible for delivering sales through all online channels worldwide; owned website(s), virtual stores, metaverses and marketplaces, such as Amazon. The Vice President will oversee a team responsible for delivering against the strategy and executing day-to-day operations with responsibility for key metrics and performance drivers such as conversion rate, traffic, subscriber growth, new /repeat buyers, sales, AOV, LTV, and CAC.
The Vice President will work seamlessly across cross-functional teams (Brand, Operations, Finance, and Wholesale) to create an online experience that anticipates and exceeds the expectations of the consumer. This leadership role will also interface with the product team to understand upcoming product innovations and technologies so they may be thoughtfully integrated into the website(s) and digital marketing content.
This candidate must have a proven track record in running a successful end to end ecommerce business that has maintained significant year over year growth and has a proven track record of building and developing a direct ecommerce business and team of diverse individuals.
Strategy, Execution and P&L Management
- Build the 5-year and annual digital marketing and eCommerce strategy/workplans and budgets to support maximum potential operational and revenue growth.
- Provide leadership and direction to the team on all aspects of the yearly workplans and effectively manage workload, vendors, and all projects.
- Oversee all owned site(s) P&L; achieve top line and bottom-line results. Optimize the advertising budget/spend for digital marketing & promotional programs to maximize ROAS.
- Oversee the development of the seasonal ecommerce and digital marketing strategy for key retail moments and necessary sales mitigations, ensure all projects support the owned site(s), marketplace(s),and wholesale channel growth respectively.
- Develop, measure, and track the KPIs for success across the D2C organization and its members. Further a culture obsessed with these success factors while determining the necessary levers to improve them within the business.
- Adapt and cultivate a “measurement as a religion” mindset across teams so that we can better understand our consumer and their journey to purchase and develop the optimal fact-based strategy.
- Continually analyze and recommend tactics to drive top-line growth and profitability for the D2C channels.
- Research industry trends, seeking opportunities to fuel business growth
- Initiate strategic enhancements/upgrades with business systems and workflow that will improve process and efficiency.
- Report pertinent learnings to key stakeholders in GTM post-mortems and ad hoc as required.
- Partner with Operations and shepherd the privacy and compliance regulations and standards through the entire eCommerce division adhering to the highest worldwide practices protecting our customers’ data.
Product Ownership, UX/UI and Online Content
- Oversees a simple and scalable tech stack and the key vendor relationships particularly those relating to Front End Platform and integrations to other departments.
- Translates the site vision into a technical and commercial roadmap that is aligned to our financial & brand goals.
- Obsess about the user experience and oversee continuous site optimizations across all digital commerce platforms protecting path to purchase and brand integrity.
- Lead the design of all wireframes powering the KPIs for the customers’ experience greasing the path to purchase for maximum CR, UPT and AOV.
- Direct where product education lives in the customer journey related to product technology and features to improve CR and decrease the need for customer care support.
- Own website content and SEO strategy to support the customer shopping journey, customer service journey, and SERP.
- Oversee the personalization and localization of our owned websites to support our business worldwide ensuring solutions are scalable with best-in-class UX/UI.
Assortment Planning, Inventory and Merchandising
- Oversee the development of online assortment strategy for all countries and channels for new category and product launches as well as EOL moments.
- Lead the team in executing seasonal vision from concept to launch for promotions, and price management.
- Partner with Demand Planning to maintain and track appropriate seasonal sell through and pivoting merchandising strategies to ensure proper sku productivity by channel.
- Lead strategies for EOL products through all DTC channels coordinating with wholesale to maintain omni-channel price integrity.
- Select the appropriate AI merchandising technology to support data driven merchandising factoring in inventory depth to maximize sell through efficiency such as YMAL.
- Oversee the vision, strategy, tactics, and day-to-day management of our online paid marketing channels focused on driving both in-store and online traffic and revenue to owned sites and marketplaces: CTV, online video, SEM, SEO, paid social, affiliate, display, email, SMS, DOOH, and Podcast.
- Partner with the larger organization (specifically senior business leaders across the company) to understand their business objectives and be seen as THE subject matter expert on Performance Marketing within the company.
- Oversee the development and implementation of seasonal paid digital marketing calendars that link sales, product plans and marketing initiatives across all sales channels.
- Leverage insights from post-campaign/program ROI analysis to make recommendations on future actions based on results to increase sales, subscriber growth, AOV, NCA. LTV, CAC and repeat rate.
- Establish the vision and oversee the strategy development for Customer Acquisition and Retention.
- Ensure Loyalty programs are built to drive improved revenue and margin performance while better engaging our customers through long term relationships.
- Leverage CDP data and performance analytics to accelerate improvements in overall marketing efficiency and customer acquisition.
- Select the appropriate 3rd party vendors and tech stack for Personalization, CRM, ESP and AOR to scale efficient growth and facilitate learning and development.
Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Summarize salient data points for online business; website performance trends, marketplaces and provide narrative for ongoing, day-to-day performance across digital marketing relative to spend and revenue forecasts.
- Design and make available to stakeholders’ dashboards and real-time data for the owned websites empowering executives with sell through data such as first purchased products, product journey over a customer’s lifetime etc.
- Lead, empower and motivate your direct team to continued success ensuring all team members have robust development plans to support learning and development in their respective career paths.
- Assess, develop, and elevate the capabilities of the team to create a high performing, best in class ecommerce and digital marketing team.
- 15+ years related experience in eCommerce, Marketplaces such as Amazon and Digital Marketing.
- BS/BA college degree required; MBA preferred.
- Proven track record in running a successful Direct to Consumer ecommerce business with significant year over year growth in a highly competitive industry.
- Must have strong skills in strategy and planning, budget and P&L management, forecasting, merchandising, and marketing, and vendor selection and management.
- Demonstrate significant successes in B2C online marketing, campaign development and management, customer acquisition and retention.
- Experience in driving all digital marketing channels including paid social, search, display, CTV, SEO, Email, Podcast, DOOH and SMS.
- Expert knowledge and skill with data, data management, data activation and statistics, particularly as it relates to eCommerce and consumer analytics.
- Ability to translate offline brand vision to the online channel with flawless and consistent execution.
- Demonstrated success enhancing site functionality and design in order to improve user experience and conversion.
- Have a credible understanding of technology infrastructure and expertise to leverage it to support business and brand objectives.
- Be a dynamic, forward-thinking, results-driven leader with a track record of success at companies where Digital Commerce is an innate part of the business and/or a key growth strategy.
- Proven leadership, team management and development skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team.
- Desire to lead from front, but also “roll-up sleeves” and dig in.
- Demonstrated strength in communication and influencing skills; not only written and verbal, but also in the engagement of internal and external business partners.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.Ability to communicate complex digital concepts to a non-digital audience.
- Highly collaborative across different stakeholders in a matrixed environment.
Please forward your resume and quote VP eCommerce and Digital Marketing in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!