Business Intelligence Developer
- Date Posted Nov 23, 2022
- Location Vancouver, Canada
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER WILL….
Work in an Agile environment to support and extend the enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) platforms, data models, and data culture. This is a unique opportunity to work at a company where data-driven decision-making is a strategic pillar, not an afterthought. If you are an experienced Business Intelligence Developer looking for an innovative, entrepreneurial, fast-paced company with a great team spirit that has the support of a recognized brand, we encourage you to apply
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the enterprise BI platforms, data models, and solutions, as well as the business operations that govern them
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to identify analytics opportunities and establish metrics to support insight-driven decision making
- Carry out impact studies, requirements gathering, and provide estimates
- Design and develop data models, data transformation processes, and metadata that converts raw data to formats suitable for consumption in enterprise BI platforms, including reporting, data mining, machine learning, forecasting, advanced analytics, etc.
- Design, implement and support data provisioning to meet the analytics needs of various business units while following and enhancing BI standards and best practices across the organization
- Conduct multidisciplinary and multi-level stakeholder meetings to gather business requirements and provide user training in non-technical language
- Translate business requirements into technical designs suitable for technical audiences
- Write documents and make presentations for an internal user community
- Advise departments on potential sources, use, and impact of data and integrate new data sources into the analytics eco-structure
- Ensure optimal end-user satisfaction by establishing and consistently evaluating overall system performance and engagement to ensure actionable insights by the user community
- Perform and document testing and validation (unit / integrated) for developed solutions to ensure users trust the data
- Implement and continuously improve effective business analytics practices that drive improved decision-making, efficiency, and performance
- Ensure availability and accuracy of analytics solutions to support business operations
- Identify, communicate, and resolve data quality and data reconciliation issues
- Perform technical troubleshooting, code debugging, and problem-solving for custom-built data solutions
- Ensure optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to requests for service and information
- Monitor and ensure the adoption of BI tools by providing training, documentation, and support to users
- Perform software and system maintenance and upgrades relating to the BI platform; document business intelligence and information management solutions.
- Manage licenses for user access to BI tools and identify opportunities for increased user engagement
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Business Intelligence, or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing Business Intelligence solutions (Tableau / Qlik Sense / Qlik View / Power BI, SQLServer, SSIS, SSRS);
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced working SQL knowledge with experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), and SQL optimization
- Strong solution design experience including Data modeling, data presentation, data visualization, the definition of key performance indicators, and ETL processing
- Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL language
- Experience integrating data from different sources (API, Databases, files, etc.)
- Experience performing root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Physical and logical design of database architecture for relational databases, data warehouses, and data lakes
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability to change
- A high degree of responsibility and attention to detail
- Proven track record of delivering collaborative and business-focused solutions
NICE TO HAVE:
- Database administration, optimization, data replication, database recovery, and performance tuning.
- Experience in the retail or apparel industry
- Experience in an operational role supporting data platforms and business intelligence solutions.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym.
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned that most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the post-pandemic world evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements to ensure we are supporting our SAXX community and our business.
Please forward your resume and quote BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!